50 Activities for Raising Self-Esteem
- Wide range of activities
- Suitable for all ages
Build pupils’ confidence
50 Activities for Raising Self-Esteem is a copiable resource that is ideal for introducing and consolidating social and emotional learning in PSHE, and can be equally beneficial in many other settings. It contains 50 well-chosen activities that can be used with all ages.
Soundly based on up-to-date research, these experiential activities create a supportive environment in which learners are encouraged to:
- recognise their own worth and express themselves well
- appreciate cooperation and friendship and learn how to achieve it
- be emotionally literate, becoming aware of and learning to handle feelings
- learn to cope with change, set their own goals and fulfil them.
Together, these social and emotional assets bring about strong feelings of self-respect and inner worth in confident, happy, responsible citizens.
A wealth of ideas
The activities can be a valuable resource for:
- behaviour support
- pastoral care
- tutorial sessions
- Circle Time.
They are ideal for incorporating into a whole school policy on behaviour, discipline and bullying. Although they are serious in intent, learners will find many of the exercises really fun to do.
Student worksheets accompany many of the activities and comprehensive teacher's notes help to support them. The activities can also be used in after school clubs, youth clubs and with adult groups.
- Getting to know you
- Your name, my name
- Allaying fears and worries
- Compliments and insults
- Art, craft and drama activities
- Relaxation and guided imagery
- Bonding and cooperating
- Affirmations: Thinking positively
- Partner quiz
- Are you? Can you? Do you?
- Are you? Can you? Do you? (For older pupils)
- What is a risk?
- Positive qualities
- Classroom covenant
- Positive and negative
- Optimism versus pessimism
- How many goals can you score?
About the author
Murray White is the UK representative on the International Council for Self-Esteem.
This item is eligible for a 10% discount if ordered through this Web site. The price shown is the full price; the discount will be automatically calculated when you place an order.