Graded Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling
- Consolidate knowledge and understanding
- Lay foundations for exam success
- Support all abilities
A firm grounding
Changes to the curriculum and exam syllabuses, together with more general government initiatives, have all put an increased emphasis on grammar, punctuation and spelling – areas where even very able students can often struggle if they have not had a firm grounding in the basics. Graded Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling can help you to:
- provide regular grammar, punctuation and spelling practice
- identify areas where students need extra help
- consolidate students’ knowledge of key terms and concepts
- gain reliable assessment of students’ current knowledge and understanding, and keep track of their progress
- meet the requirements of the new National Curriculum.
At the heart of the resource are 24 tests, covering every stage of the curriculum. These can be set termly or half termly throughout Key Stage 3 and into Key Stage 4 where necessary. The test content is matched to the relevant parts of the new National Curriculum, ensuring complete coverage of key areas.
The tests are supported by:
- answers and mark schemes
- word lists for spellings
- individual and class assessment sheets.
Regular, personalised reinforcement
Introducing these tests is a great way to make sure students return to the fundamentals of grammar regularly. Using the assessment sheets, you will be able to see at a glance which topics are fully understood and which need more work, and then plan reinforcement as necessary to make the best use of your time.
Convenient format, excellent value
Graded Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling is provided on a single CD-ROM in convenient digital formats. All the material comes with a licence to copy and share within the purchasing school, so the whole department can take advantage of the materials and provide consistency of approach across classes and year groups.
Using the materials
- Setting the tests
- Spelling tests
- Marking and monitoring
- Assessment sheets
- Level 3
- Level 4
- Level 5
- Level 6