Attitudes to Learning
- Improve pupil motivation
- Broaden parent/carer and pupil aspirations
- Raise school standards
Having a positive, productive attitude to learning is crucial to a pupil’s success. Recognising that pupils face a challenging future, in which qualifications could make all the difference to their job prospects, the Government aims to help pupils to be proactive about learning. Research shows that enabling pupils to fulfil their potential requires the cooperation of the whole school community, including senior leaders, staff, parents/carers and external partners.
Designed for both primary and secondary phases, Attitudes to Learning aims to help schools to raise standards. Full of practical guidance for the busy headteacher and senior leadership team, it looks at how the school can improve attitudes by:
- developing a strategic approach to raising expectations
- engaging all the key stakeholders in the school community
- embedding positive attitudes to learning into daily school life
- promoting high aspirations for each pupil.
Take a whole school approach
Attitudes to Learning provides guidance on a range of tried and tested tools for analysis and planning, staff development and pupil support. It enables headteachers to take a whole school approach to the issues.
Attitudes to Learning addresses the essential components in the agenda for personalised learning, which include:
- a consistent school ethos
- high expectations
- pupils’ personal ambition
- a clearly expressed learning offer.
Focus on the key issues
Attitudes to Learning offers a systematic approach to extending and supporting the aspirations of and for pupils, through four interconnecting core elements:
- A learning climate: establishing a consistent ethos for learning
- A learning guide: supporting individual needs at home and at school
- A learning commitment: providing personalised learning programmes
- A learning partnership: engaging and valuing the wider school community
Convenient digital format
Attitudes to Learning is provided in a Web browser interface that can be shared by all staff in a school. All the material can be viewed onscreen or printed out on demand.
Produced in conjunction with the Cambridge Institute of Technology (INTEC).
Attitudes to Learning is provided on CD-ROM and contains a full site licence to use within your organisation. The special introductory price is £195+VAT for a secondary school and £95+VAT for a primary school.
Get in touch
For more information, please call 01223 350555 or email email@example.com.