Team Leaders' Toolkit
Meeting the challenge
The Team Leaders’ Toolkit offers guidance and validation for those staff charged with support staff management – providing a simple way for your school to assist, develop and certificate them. The material may be of particular benefit to roles such as lead teaching assistants, HLTAs, head technicians, senior librarians, office managers and site managers, amongst others. The aim is to ensure that your school’s line managers and team leaders:
- understand best practice in line management
- are confident that they have the necessary skills
- receive the support that they need
- have the school’s assurance that they demonstrate the required skills.
The Team Leaders’ Toolkit can be used for:
- Reference – Guidance and material for dealing with personnel issues.
- Self-study – A self-contained course, with assessment, for independent study.
- Taught course – The resources and testing for a course delivered and validated to your staff by a senior leader.
As well as copious guidance for team leaders/line managers of support staff, Team Leaders’ Toolkit includes assessment tools:
- Multiple-choice tests – These tests focus on some key aspects of the support staff manager’s role. Users can mark their own work onscreen and are guided to the reference material where appropriate so that they can retake any incorrect answers.
- Personal skills reviews –These are designed to help the user evaluate their own knowledge and confidence in their managerial skills.
- Activities – Practical activities are provided in every unit, to be completed onscreen or by hand, to help users reflect on and improve their skills.
All the assessment tools need validation by the school in order for the user to receive a certificate of completion, and to apply for accreditation. For more information, please call the Cambridge Institute of Technology (INTEC) on 01223 224929.
The Team Leaders’ Toolkit is provided on a single CD-ROM, sold with a full site licence, so that it can shared amongst appropriate staff throughout your school. The resource includes a number of digital files in convenient formats which can be viewed onscreen or printed out.
Ideal for professional development
The Team Leaders’ Toolkit forms the material and assessment tool for the Validating Support Staff Team Leaders course, which is run by the Cambridge Institute of Technology (INTEC). For more information, please call 01223 224929.
Dealing With Staff
Full site licence for the Team Leaders’ Toolkit CD-ROM within your organisation and certification for two candidates is £295+VAT. Additional certificates are available at £50+VAT each.
Get in touch
For more information, please call 01223 350555 or email email@example.com.