Series: Ten GCSE Plays
Ten GCSE Plays
- Ideal for performance
- Easily adapted for the size and sex of the group
Finding scripts for GCSE Drama groups can often be difficult. Ten GCSE Plays provides a popular selection of plays written specifically with GCSE Drama in mind. The scripts are written to be performed rather than read in class and can be put together to make an evening of performance.
Serious and comic plays
Ten GCSE Plays provides a mixture of serious and comic plays, including:
- The Government Inspector – A physical theatre adaptation of the Gogol play.
- The King's New Clothes – A physical theatre modernisation of the story by Hans Christian Andersen.
- Trainers – A True Story – Based on the exploitation of child workers.
- Who Was That Lady I Saw You With Last Night? – A farce involving lots of doors!
- The Black-hearted Villain – A melodrama.
- Arbeit Macht Frei – Based on the Holocaust.
- The Tree – An environmental fable.
- Mobile Phone – A stylised play about a train crash.
- The White Feather and The Smile – Two stylised plays set in First World War Britain.
Stage directions are deliberately kept to a minimum in order to encourage students to decide for themselves how the plays should be presented. There is a great deal of scope for cutting and adapting the scripts, so students can develop their creativity, along with technical skills such as stage design, costume and blocking in.
Note that this product is also available as part of the Digital Library for Drama KS4.
- The Government Inspector
- The King's New Clothes
- Trainers - A True Story
- Who Was That Lady I Saw You With Last Night?
- The Black-hearted Villain
- Arbeit Macht Frei
- The Tree
- Mobile Phone
- The White Feather
- The Smile
Other titles in the series
This item is eligible for a 10% discount if ordered through this Web site. The price shown is the full price; the discount will be automatically calculated when you place an order.